When the weather turns warm, it is a great time to plan for a “spring cleaning” around your residence. Take the time to clean out from winter and review any necessary maintenance. Here is a list of steps you can take to chase away winter and brighten your home.
- Test your smoke alarm and CO2 detector – another important safety item. If necessary, replace the batteries and if the smoke detector and/or CO2 detector still does not work, call us immediately.
- It is time to trim lawns and weed flowerbeds, as well as clearing out any winter debris - dead leaves, animal droppings, trash, or any other items that are unsightly.
- It is particularly important to remove any debris away from the immediate exterior of your residence to promote fire safety during the hotter months of the year.
- If you still have not taken down holiday lights and decorations, do so now and store properly.
- If your rental contract indicates you are not responsible for gardening, it is still important to report any lack of maintenance to us so that we can assist you.
- Adjust sprinklers according to weather conditions for hotter summer weather. If you have difficulty with your sprinklers, contact us for help.
- Be sure to keep shrubs trimmed to clear walkways and prevent accidents.
- Report any problems with trees roots immediately.
- Watch gutters for clogging, overflow, and poor drainage. If you need assistance, notify us.
- Avoid letting water accumulate in pots or containers, such as animal dishes - this can lead to problems with mosquitoes and other pests.
- If water accumulates, and will not drain either inside or outside, notify us immediately.
- Dispose of any toxic waste properly, such as motor oil, batteries, etc. Do not put toxic waste in garbage receptacles.
- Clean your garbage can, and at all times, keep the lid secure to avoid unwanted pests or animals. Then, always store your garbage receptacle properly.
- Keep any receptacles for pet food or water clean to avoid attracting unwanted pets or animals as well.
- Clean your windows both inside and out. Wipe the inside and outside of doors.
- Clean door and window tracks so that they keep working properly. Report any maintenance needed for locks or operation. This is important for your safety.
- Check all outside lights for proper operation. If after replacing a light bulb, the light still does not work, request a maintenance order.
- If you have air-conditioning in your home, turn it on to see if it operates properly and if not, report it before hot weather arrives.
- Replace all air-conditioning and furnace filters. Clogged filters will only prevent the unit from working properly and can increase your energy bill.
Besides giving you a happier “spring” outlook, keeping your home clean and orderly, inside and out, is a responsibility outlined in your rental agreement and important to maintaining a good rental history. If you have any maintenance questions or concerns, please free to contact us - we are here to help you.
Mesa County Grand Junction Fruita Palisade Clifton Orchard Mesa Fruitvale Redlands Pear Park Grand Valley Colorado Rentals Property Manager Property Management House Homes Apartments Duplex Townhouse Rent Houses Rental Condo